As Comune di Preganziol, we consider the security of our services a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into security, there can still be vulnerabilities present. If you discover a vulnerability in one of the services directly offered by us, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible, while protecting. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our users and their data.
This policy describes how to send us vulnerability reports and how we ask security researchers to behave when disclosing vulnerabilities. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with our data protection policy.
If you are the first to report a verifiable security issue, we’ll thank you with a place in our hall of fame page!
Report a vulnerability
E-mail your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org. Encrypt your findings using our PGP key to prevent this critical information from falling into the wrong hands.
Give adequate information allowing the vulnerability to be reproduced, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. In particular please include at least the following information:
- type of vulnerability;
- service or URL or IPs affected;
- requirements to reproduce the issue;
- information necessary to reproduce the issue;
- impact of the vulnerability together with an explanation of how an attacker could find it and exploit it.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered.
- Do not perform any activity that can damage us or our users, disrupt the impacted system or service or cause any data leakage/loss.
- Respect the privacy of our users: you are not allowed to use any personal data for purposes other than protect our users and their data, in accordance with this policy.
- Keep confidential any information about discovered vulnerabilities for up to 90 calendar days after you have notified us, unless mutually agreed otherwise.
- Do not place a backdoor in a system. By placing a backdoor in a system, that system becomes even more insecure.
- Do not make changes to the system or application.
- Do not use Denial of Service attacks or brute force access.
- Do not use aggressive automated scanning.
- Do not use social engineering of our employees or contractors.
What we promise
- We will respond to your report within 7 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date.
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you concerning the report.
- We will not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission, unless it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Reporting under a pseudonym or anonymous is possible.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
- In mutual consultation, we can mention (if you desire) your name or acronym as the discoverer of the reported vulnerability in our hall of fame.
This policy applies to the services offered by us:
Thank you for helping keep us and our users safe!
We reserve the right to update this Responsible Disclosure Policy at any time.